- For one tree between 1' and 1'8" diameter at floor level
- Includes a free guide to building this treehouse on posts, allowing it to be completely freestanding or have partial tree support (more info…)
- 64sqft floor space, of which 40sqft is enclosed
- Tree-friendly design
- Tree passes through deck only, for easier waterproofing
- Eight windows for views in all directions and down to the ground
- Small deck surrounded by railings
- Large door (6' high) to suit adults and children
- Sleeps two adults or three children
- Includes marginless version for ereaders
- 28 day satisfaction guarantee
- Help is available by e-mail
This treehouse is built in a single tree, providing a dramatic setting for the structure. The house itself is offset so that it wraps around one side of the trunk, with windows showing the trunk and a small alcove that can be used as a desk area. Also included are instructions for building on posts if you don't have suitable trees available. There are no complicated techniques to learn, no tricky joints to master and all the materials are readily available.
This treehouse requires a single, healthy tree with a diameter between 1' and 1'8". The trunk must be within 5° of vertical. The supports will need an area of cleared space 6' below floor level and branches above floor level may need to be trimmed to make space for the treehouse. This treehouse can also be built next to a larger tree using partial post support, or can be built entirely on posts if you have no suitable trees, with an additional guide included free when you order.
The tree is treated with respect throughout the building process. Only the supports are fixed to the tree so the house itself rests entirely on the platform without touching the tree. Bolts are precisely placed for strength, safety and to reduce restriction to the growth of the tree. This ensures that the tree remains healthy.
What you'll receive
The plan comes as three downloadable PDF files - the main treehouse guide and two supports options. This gives you instructions to build in a tree, next to a tree, or with no trees at all using posts.
- Main treehouse guide: 31 pages, 42 diagrams
- One tree supports guide: 23 pages, 28 diagrams
- Post supports guide: 36 pages, 41 diagrams (more info)